Session organisers / Chairpersons:
Sofie Vanhoutte, Flanders Heritage Agency (E-mail: email@example.com)
Tony Wilmott, Historic England (Tony.wilmott@HistoricEngland.
Confirmed participants for this session:
- Tony Wilmott: Recent excavations on the seaward side of the Saxon shore fort of Richborough
- Nathaniel Durant: A Tale of Two Frontiers?: Hadrian’s Wall and the Saxon Shore Forts in the 3rd to 5th centuries A.D.
- Sofie Vanhoutte: Cross-Channel Connections. The fort at Oudenburg (Belgium) within its wider context: new insights into the Litus Saxonicum.
- Philip Smither: ‘I’m not so (Saxon) shore’: Richborough in the 3rd – 5th centuries AD
- Michael Fulford, A Roman coastal fortlet or signal station at Reedham, Norfolk, England
- Raymond Brulet – The opposite coastline: problems to be solved about continental Litus Saxonicum
- Malcolm Lyne – Excavations at Pevensey Between 1936 and 1939
- Mark Tucker – A Re-evaluation of the Western Shore Forts
- Lloyd Bosworth: Recent Geophysical Survey at Portus Lemanis